Does my child have Special Needs?

Sharing information

At Country Mice each child has a key worker. Their role is to develop trusting sensitive relationships with parents and children to enable respectful sharing of information. If you have any concerns about your child’s development you can ask for a time when you can discuss this in private with them.

Sharing professional reports

Reports from health care professionals, such as health visitors, speech and language therapists, identify your child’s individual needs. We welcome parents and professionals sharing these reports in order to plan appropriately to meet these needs.

Meaningful assessments

On going observational assessments are made of all the children and are linked to the Development Matters ages and stages of development. Each leader, writes termly reports which are shared with parents. This in some cases identifies individual needs.

Keyworker and parent’s working relation

If your child’s key worker has identified a possible individual need, they will discuss this with you in private, and plan together to support your child’s learning and development.

SENCo’s advice and support

Our SENCO will offer support and advice to your child’s key worker/leader and other staff in our setting. She will also liaise with other professionals to seek advice and support in identifying individual needs if necessary. Support and advice can also be sought from Early Years advisors with your permission.