This is the start…
On starting at Country Mice, the Head of Nursery, and/or the child’s key worker, will give you a small Welcome Pack to fill in about your child, to help us to share information about your child’s strengths and needs.
The Local Offer
The purpose of a local offer is to enable parents and carers see more clearly what services are available for children with SEND in their area and how to access them. The process extends to early years settings and all the information below -and through the menu- forms our local offer and shows how we have, for many years, provided for children with special educational needs and disabilities.
We support children with special educational needs by providing an environment in which all children are supported to reach their full potential.
- We have regard for the Special Educational Needs Code of Practice 0:25( 2014).
- We ensure our provision is inclusive to all children with special educational needs.
- We support parents and children with special educational needs.
- We identify the specific needs of children with special educational needs and meet those needs through a range of SEN Strategies.
- We work in Partnership with parents and other agencies in meeting individual children’s needs.
- We monitor and review our policy, practice and provision and, if necessary, make adjustments.
- We have a designated Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCo)